Dear Friends and Supporters of LUMINA,
While in the process of incorporating, we have recently discovered a problem in our status with the General Board of Global Ministries of the United Methodist Church. This change in status affects our liability insurance, as well as our tax exemption. In order to help LUMINA, the Trustees of the Eastern PA Conference have now voted to bring LUMINA on as an official ministry of the Conference. This is great news!
We need a little time to restructure a bit and get hooked up with the Conference insurance, so we will need to take a brief break from our usual summer ministries:
- LUMINA’s God’s Chefs and Super Cupboard programs will be on hiatus until September.
- We will not be organizing a Community Day Camp this year. The children who would have attended it will be invited instead to attend New Creation UMC’s evening vacation Bible school program July 27-31.
- We thank New Creation UMC for transporting our children and youth to Gretna Glen this summer for residence camps.
Some ministries will not be affected:
- The School Uniform Bank and Professional Clothing Bank will continue normally, since they are permanently housed within UMC churches.
- All office work will continue.
- Donations of goods and funds will still be accepted.
We expect all ministries to be fully operational again by September. Please call the office at 717-394-8412 if you have any questions or concerns.
As always, we at LUMINA thank you sincerely for your support and prayers! We look forward to being your partner in ministry for many more years to come!